What is Blended Learning:
Blended learning is an approach to education that combines online educational materials and opportunities for interaction online with traditional place-based classroom methods. It requires the physical presence of both teacher and student, with some elements of student control over time.
As part of the Government’s new requirement for all schools to have some form of blended learning approach in place we have decided to do the following at Altmore:
- On a Friday afternoon all children will return home to complete their on-line blended learning.
- Children will all receive a packed lunch on this day to take home and will leave school at 12:05pm
- Teachers will remain in school and have their lunch break from 12:15pm – 1:15pm.
- Teachers will then have their PPA time from 1:15pm – 3:45pm – 2 and half hours statutory PPA time.
- TAs will stay in school too and will take part in training opportunities as well as work on a rota system in each Year Group to facilitate blended learning with the children who cannot go home due to working families.
- TAs will also use this time to support the class teacher when they are not in training by working on classroom displays, resourcing work for children etc.
- Children who usually attend afterschool club will continue to do so.
- Coach Rich will remain in school and will take children in school for a PE lesson and will also have his own PPA time.
What is our Blended Learning Offer?
As a school we are fortunate enough to have many online platforms including Seesaw, Bug Club and TT Rock stars. As a school we will offer children the following along with a timetable to support parents in structuring their afternoon at home.
In EYFS we will offer the following on Seesaw:
- Online Phonics lesson
- Story time session
- PE lesson
- Singing opportunities
In KS1 we will offer the following on Seesaw:
- PE lesson
- Music opportunities
- Phonics lesson
- Life skills opportunities
In KS1 we will also use our online subscriptions for:
- Reading - Bug Club
- Maths - TT Rock stars or Numbots
On a Friday afternoon, children will log on to their Seesaw account to see their 'Friday Takeaway' menu. See the below attachment as an example of how this looks on Seesaw when children log in.