Key Stage 1
Lockdown January 2021 – Remote Learning
Seesaw is made up of two APPs which as a school we utilise.
- Seesaw Family – is an APP which allows teachers and parents to communicate.
- Seesaw Class – is an APP designed for children to complete learning, online.
In Key stage 1 children use the app Seesaw Class to engage in their remote learning.
How are we monitoring children’s wellbeing during this time?
Every morning when children log in to their Seesaw account they are asked to share how they are feeling. Children are able to circle the emotion/mood they are feeling and add a comment if they would like to. Teachers monitor these comments and check in with those children who have displayed a negative feeling.
What is on offer to the children at home?
Teachers continue to plan lessons as they would do if they were in school. Staff meet in their Year Groups weekly to plan learning for the following week and design work/resources that children can access at home through their Seesaw account. In English, lessons are still designed through a termly core text and Maths is still planned using schemes such as Maths No Problem and White Rose Maths. Children continue to learn Foundation subjects through our creative curriculum approach using Cornerstones to support our planning.
Every week children have access to the following learning:
- Daily English lessons
- Phonics lessons
- Handwriting opportunities
- Weekly Spelling focus along with a spelling test every Friday
- Stories read to the children by different staff members
- Daily Maths lessons
- Weekly Mental Maths tests
- Weekly topic lessons focusing on Science, Geography, History, Art etc
- Weekly PSHCE lessons
- Weekly RE lessons
- Weekly PE lessons as well as daily 5 minute challenges
- Puzzles/challenges/spot the difference activities are shared, to give children some ‘Brain Teaser’ opportunities.
- Weekly assemblies
- Craft/fun activity
- Access to their online subscriptions e.g. Timetables Rockstars & Bug Club.
Children have a page everyday with all of their activities listed which they can use as a guide for the day. Many children tick off the activities as they have completed them.
How do the children engage and complete their work?
Children log in to their Seesaw class page and have access to all the work planned for them by their class teacher. Work is scheduled at different times of the day, following a structured timetable.